I’m a husband, father to two little ones, linguist, NYT crossword addict, new homeowner, a wannabe gardener and remote worker.
I love people. Everybody looks at the world through their unique lens, and that fascinates me. Given the chance you can learn something new each day from a perspective you couldn’t have.
I’ve been an internet admirer for the longest time. But always a lurker. Too scared to contribute, always thinking my views aren’t valid, could say a bit of imposter syndrome. But realised if I want the world to change, I need to start with me and be the change I’d like to see in the world.
I’ve read thousands of articles, newsletters, tweets and listened to months of podcasts. This is probably one of my favourite things to do! And finally have the courage to share it with you, what a treat!
Why this website?
What good is all that information we consume every day if it’s not used to improve ourselves or to pass it along to others for their benefit? I am a serial content consumer. And I do my absolute best to pass the golden nuggets I find at every opportunity.
Few random facts about me?
- When I was a young boy I came 2nd in a national poetry competition
- Only got my drivers license when I was 23
- One day when I’m big I want to learn how to do woodwork.
- I change plugs using YouTube videos. Not been electrocuted just yet!
- To clear my mind I go grocery shopping!
- I listen to podcasts at x1.7 and can’t switch back to x1
- My movie knowledge is shocking.
- Twitter is my internet watercooler and best social network by far.
Sarcasm. What? I’m all serious up here…
Laughter is said to be the best medicine. At first, I didn’t believe it. Until I became a remote worker. Then I realised that you have to learn to crack and laugh at your own jokes, often with no audience.
I have a whale of a time with all my internet friends, the memes and my community! Having a giggle is good for the mind and heart!
But no jokes. I am fluent in sarcasm. Really.